Welcome to Airgun Fanatics

Discuss your personal modifications, or ask questions on Airgun repair.
By JamieRL
I've seen a LOT of instances online of people complaining about their sig mcx and mpx rifles jamming so I figured I'd pop on here and share my experience.
20210629_200055.jpg
20210629_200055.jpg (894.11 KiB) Viewed 392 times
It seems like most of the jams are caused by using any shape of pellets other than wadcutters... wadcutters after all are the only shape of pellet that sig says to use. So why use any other shape??
I've only had one jam in my mcx in a couple thousand rounds and I'm positive it was due to the fact that some pellets fit loosely in the pellet belt(the jam in question was caused by Excite "plinking" wadcutters), allowing them to wiggle forward during operation and cause a jam.
So try and stick to wadcutters that fit tightly in the belt and you should have fewer issues, I cant say for sure if this will fix all jams, but I think it'll fix most of them. For reference, crosman wadcutters have a nice tight fit. I hope this helps any of you that may be frustrated with your mcx/mpx rifles.
Admin liked this
By JamieRL
BB1Shooter wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:24 pm I would concur.

Also, I use the pellet seating tool that comes with the gun & ensure I seat each pellet in the belt.

Never had a jam in more that a couple of thousand shots.
Great point, the pellet seater is absolutely necessary!
NorthernBallistics wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:16 pm
BB1Shooter wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:24 pm Never had a jam in more that a couple of thousand shots.
Really? I find that hard to believe. :P Everything Sig I've used has had issues, but they're sexy AF.
Have a couple the belt fed Sig pellet shooters. Never had much of a problem with them. But maybe I'm just lucky. To quote William Munny "but I've always been lucky when it comes to killin"

JamieRL liked this
BB1Shooter wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:15 am
Have a couple the belt fed Sig pellet shooters. Never had much of a problem with them. But maybe I'm just lucky. To quote William Munny "but I've always been lucky when it comes to killin"

Great movie.

I had problems with jamming on the P226, I had lots of problems with misfires on the M17, the P365 leaks at the seal upon opening.
JamieRL liked this
By JamieRL
BB1Shooter wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:15 am
NorthernBallistics wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:16 pm
BB1Shooter wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:24 pm Never had a jam in more that a couple of thousand shots.
Really? I find that hard to believe. :P Everything Sig I've used has had issues, but they're sexy AF.

Many people seem to have issues with them, but I find that if you treat them right they shoot just fine, the belts do have the tendency to skip the odd round, but that's hardly a deal breaker for me :)
Air Arms S510 T

This looks like Hotness, wonder when it’ll c[…]

Who wants to be a Pirate?

https://www.pyramydair.com/images/PY-5489-10979_1[…]